What is Hive?
Modern & Inclusive Consulting Strategies
Hive is a consulting concept that aims to satisfy the needs of our clients whilst embracing the energy and ideas of the next generation of geoscientists entering the industry. By offering structured mentoring through real world opportunities, we are helping to ensure a trained , knowledgeable and enthusiastic workforce for the future.
By bridging the gap between academia and the workplace, we are helping smooth the transition and produce a ‘field ready’ workforce.
Universities are teaching students about cutting edge technology, and Hive helps to bring those concepts into the workplace.
Graduate Training & Opportunities
New geoscientists entering the industry can do so with confidence having been exposed to real-world exploration projects.
Access to Science and Technology
Working with undergraduates often allows a company to access facilities within a University department that will enhance scientific knowledge.
Investing in the Future
Working habits and attitudes are changing, especially in response to the recent slowdown in the exploration and mining sectors. One of the biggest concerns is a lack of a trained and experienced workforce – something that will only hurt any economic recovery in the future.
Hive creates opportunities for a company to move a project forward at a competitive rate, whilst engaging graduates who need relevant work experience.
Here are just a few of the ways that Hive is helping our clients:
- Crowd consulting helps to control costs and keep them in check.
- Using a mixed team of professionals and graduates allows for a broader input of expertise.
- Turn around times are generally quicker due to the constant monitoring and management.
- Clients can see the development of their project and ideas online at any time.
- Using graduates often leads to access to new research, technologies and facilities that can benefit the client and their projects.