The Reading Room is conveniently located in the downtown core of Vancouver at 470 Granville Street, close to the local transport stations, offices and convention centers.
The Reading Room serves two purposes: a Meeting Space and a Study Hub that is open for geoscience professionals and their colleagues.
We provide an eclectic space that is a little different from your usual meeting room, complete with a range of facilities for your meeting needs. The space also comes complete with a variety of research tools that might be usually inaccessible to the consultant or graduate geoscientist, including microscopes, drafting tables, large scale printers and more. For a full gallery, click here.
[ngg_images source=”galleries” container_ids=”4″ exclusions=”89,90,91,92,75,80,86″ display_type=”photocrati-nextgen_basic_slideshow” gallery_width=”600″ gallery_height=”400″ cycle_effect=”blindX” cycle_interval=”3″ show_thumbnail_link=”0″ thumbnail_link_text=”[Show thumbnails]” order_by=”sortorder” order_direction=”ASC” returns=”included” maximum_entity_count=”500″]
A Meeting Space
The room is perfect for small group meetings, of up to 6 people. Maybe you are travelling to Vancouver and need somewhere a little more quiet than a Coffee Shop to work.
This space is equipped to with versatile seating options and a 40″ display screen for you to run presentations with. We can also supply stationary supplies for your meetings and critical caffeine packs.
Book for one hour, a morning or a full day, this space makes a great working spot when you are away from home.
- Versatile meeting space with two meeting areas
- Accommodate up to six people
- Perfect for out-of-town professionals or self-employed consultants
- 40-inch TV screen with HDMI connection
- High speed fiber-optic internet
- Presentation printing services
- Catering options available (drinks, breakfast, lunch)
- Conveniently located in downtown Vancouver
- Online booking system
A Study Hub
This option is for the consultants out there – or students – looking for a spot to work while they are downtown and have access to on-demand amenities.
We have an extensive collection of physical and digital reading and research material, microscopes (including petrographic), two drafting tables and supplies and a large format printer should you need to print maps for projects.
We are also going to be introducing a pay-as-you-use workstation for various mapping software soon. This is an ideal space for you to work from and be surrounded by like-minded people!
- Group meeting area
- High speed fiber-optic internet
- Two drafting tables with mapping supplies
- Microscopes (petrographic, compound and dissecting)
- 12 megapixel microscope camera
- 22 megapixel DSLR camera with macro lenses and lighting stage for sample photography
- Large collection of physical and digital research material
- Large scale printer
- COMING SOON – Desktop workspace with mapping software
Use the form below to reserve the space and complete your booking:
- Choose the day you wish to use the Reading Room
- Select the times from the drop down list (appears when you select the day)
- Under ‘Extras’, select what facilities you would like to book (i.e. Meeting Space, Microscopes etc)
- Select any additional refreshments you would like us to provide (please note that all snack platters require 24 hours notice)
- Check your reservation details and then complete the personal details form.
- Complete the reservation using Paypal (accepts credit cards). Note that bookings can be cancelled by emailing email@example.com. Refunds will be issued for the room / facilities, but unfortunately we cannot refund for any food / drink orders.